I'm so excited for today's guest post!! I get to swap posts with a designer friend today, and I'm thrilled! Read to the end for two great freebies!
Without further adieu, here's miss Britt!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
First off, thank you so much to Shaylee for allowing me to guest post on her amazing blog!
I am Britt from Yellow Umbrella, and I would love to say hello and tell you a little about myself. I am a self-taught freelance graphic designer who absolutely loves her job. I am also all about good music, dark strong coffee, amazing books, and of course my lovely dogs. On my blog you will find graphic design freebies, music and book info, fashion, and a few other things I enjoy! Stop by anytime to say hello!
Being a self-taught graphic designer I have learned a lot of things the hard way when it comes to designing. I also have many files on my computer from years past that I look back on and cringe knowing that I was once proud of those designs. So I thought maybe I would just share a tip or two with you, if that is ok.
TIP #1:
Be consistent!
Keep your basic text and colors consistent throughout your design.
Using too many texts or colors will cause your design to be cluttered very easily.
TIP #2:
There is such a thing as too much color.
Be careful when selecting colors for your design.
If you are not sure select two or three colors, and go from there.
TIP #3:
Anchor your design.
Choose one main focal point for your design, and design outward from that point.
Be careful not to confuse your eye about where to look first.
TIP #4:
Do not be afraid of blank space.
Sometimes what is not said or shown speaks more.
TIP #5:
Proofread!
I LOVE color, so I thought I would share with you a fall color palette along with a few freebies.
DESKTOP CALENDER:
8x10 PRINT:
download
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Britt, thanks so much! I love having a fellow designer posting on my blog! :)
Aren't her freebies great? Isn't she great? :)
Have a fantastic Monday, lovelies, and guys! :) ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Britt, thanks so much! I love having a fellow designer posting on my blog! :)
Aren't her freebies great? Isn't she great? :)
Have a fantastic Monday, lovelies, and guys! :) ;)




Great tips, Britt! And I love those two designs! I like the colors and the balanced layout of each. You're talented at what you do--that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteThank you. You are so sweet!
DeleteThank you for your comment, Janae! :)
DeleteAwesome tips, loving the designs!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
DeleteThanks for stopping by to read her post, Krysten! :)
Delete