I was reading an article about blogs the other day. You'll have to forgive me, I completely forgot to bookmark it, and when I searched it, I couldn't find it, so I don't have the link. But anyway, it was saying that in order to have a successful blog, you should have a main focus and main audience. I would like my blog to be "successful", though I'm still working on the definition of that, so I kind of started freaking out. Okay, not really. But it caused me to stop and think on that.
And think.
And think.
And think some more.
In the midst of my epic thought process...(sorry mom, I had to use that word, just for you)...(goodness, what is up with me interrupting myself so much? It must be the insanity taking over...good grief)...ANYWAY!
In the midst of my thought process... these three questions popped into my mind:
What category does my blog fit in?
What is the purpose of my blog?
Who am I trying to reach?
And...after thinking on those for a while, I came to the conclusion that:
My blog really isn't one category, or even three! There isn't one subject I like to post about. I do refashions, I try to write things that inspire, I write about my life, and I write randomly on sudden impulses - like now. This isn't just a fashion blog, and it's not just a sewing blog, and it's not just a "Hey, what's up? This-is-what's-going-on-in-my-life" blog. Guess what? It's SIMPLY ME! It's my thoughts, feelings, inspirations, projects, rants, features, designs, blah, blah, blah. It's me.
The purpose.
Hmmm.
The purpose of {Simple Elegance} is to share my love for beauty, the gospel of Jesus Christ, family, modesty, virtue, light, truth, everything lovely and good. It's to, hopefully, inspire you to be the best you can be, to never fear, doubt, or despair, to share your talents - even if you don't think you are very talented - to be YOU. It's here to let other youth, YSA's, even mothers and fathers! know that they are not alone in the world, that there are so many other virtuous youth that are changing, building, and preparing for the future. It's here to be a light in the darkness. To dispel the powers of evil. To bring JOY! That's the purpose of my blog.
And who am I trying to reach?
Anyone who will listen, anyone who loves light and truth as I do, anyone who needs it! I'm not trying to be all, "Oh, my blog is going to change your life! It's so inspiring! It's better than anything out there!" because anything I do or say comes from the Lord. He is my inspiration. I'm blogging, and sharing because I want to please Him, and help His children. And by trying to be my best and reach out to others, my heart has changed, I have been led to so many other people who are just amazing - so many! As we seek to help others, we help ourselves. Or rather, the Lord helps us.
Whew, tangents.
Um, anyway. I'm not exactly sure why I wrote all that. Maybe I just needed some validation. "My blog is successful! Who says it can't be??"
Heh.
Yeah, pathetic. But I hope you like it, regardless. :)
As a side note, I made some new buttons. Check 'em out on the Buttons page (duh).
EDIT: My "doctrine of the family" buttons are...under construction. I realized that I didn't get rid of the white background, and I thought I should fix that before I tell people to grab one....
EDIT: My "doctrine of the family" buttons are...under construction. I realized that I didn't get rid of the white background, and I thought I should fix that before I tell people to grab one....
Since I have all this free time, I thought I'd put it to good use.
By the way, I'm not always this obnoxious and strange, I'm normally more quiet, reserved, refined...but twelve days in bed does something to a person's mind, you know? ;)
Love you all, thank you for reading!
I'm done now.
Oh, wait!
Welcome!! to my five newest followers!!
Melissa - {Write it in Lipstick}
Katy - {Our Daisy Life}
Madeline Weber (who happens to have one of my favorite names! ;) - {Be Fashion}
Lauren - {Bits and Pieces}
and
Johnnie - {Saved By Love Creations}
Thank you for following me, ladies! You are awesome! :)

This is very interesting. I never knew these rules, but I'm really happy because I have extreme focus (maybe too much:). Be funny. Same boring titles over and over, same length, no pictures. It's been working so far, so I'd say, it's great advice.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading that article I decided to never conform to what the world thinks a blogger should be. ;) Just BE yourself!
ReplyDelete"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind".
Thanks for the comment, and love your blog! :)
Felicity