31.12.10

Cardigan Refashion


I am very pleased with this refashion. I saw this blue cardigan at DI a month or so ago. The sleeves were much too long, but I knew I could probably fix it, so decided to buy it anyway.




It sat up in my closet for quite a while, but I finally pulled it down last night and fixed it up.

I followed {Disney's tutorial} for a cardigan refashion (minus the handkerchiefs - although, I think I'm going to try that sometime!). It was quick, simple, and the result was complete success!


What do you think?

Happy New Year's Eve!!

10 comments :

  1. I LOVE it! I'm addicted to cardigans so refashioning them DI will save me money. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and you're welcome! :)

    I love your blog, by the way! I'm your newest follower. :)

    Happy New Year!

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very talented and creative. I think this kind of sweater would be really cute with 3/4 length sleeves too. I really don't like long sleeves. Goodwill, here I come...~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, how sweet! :)

    I've never been a big sweater/cardigan wearer, because anything that might possibly fit me always has long sleeves. I'm so excited to go back to DI/Savers and get a bunch to refashion!

    I absolutely love having a sewing machine!! There are so many possibilities!

    My next project, which I'm working on with my mother, is a blessing dress for baby Joy. I'm so excited!!

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally chic! I love the ribbon. it really does give it a whole new oomph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm trying to be a bit more daring when it comes to my clothes. . . . The ribbon was a huge step for me, as was the blue cardigan with a pink skirt! Haha!

    Thank you all for commenting! :)

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursdays. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

    Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for inviting me! I linked up to all my two skirts and my cardigan refashion - is that okay? I love your blog, I added your button and I'm following you now!

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Nice blog! :)

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!