12.10.10

You might be a homeschooler if . . .

{image source}


You come to school in your pajamas.

Your biology lab consists of assisting in your sibling's birth.

Your stacks of books to check out are taller than the librarian.

Your PE comes from chasing little toddlers around.

Your school bus is a nine passenger van.

You have to move dirty laundry off your desk before you can start school.

Your mother tells the check-out lady at Wal-Mart, “We're on a field trip”.

You social life is viewed by some to be one rung lower than that of a Benedictine Monk.

The signatures on your diploma all end with the same last name.

Everyone else in the world is referred to as “non-homies”.

The word “homework” sounds like a foreign language.

You have bookshelves in every room of the house, but you always seem to need more.

You can outsmart your parents.

Your family can form it's own orchestra or choir.

You grade your own homework.

Your yearbook doubles as your baby book.

A snow day means that you shovel the driveway after you finish your school.

You enjoy the pastime of watching public school kids walk home from school.

You have to look at the clock to see if you can call your public school friends yet.

Health class consists of eating breakfast.

You have to decide what year you want to graduate.

You are always late, but just call it “homeschool time”.

You can remember nearly every day you went to public school.

You teacher can kiss the principal, and no one thinks it's unusual.

You get to school and your teacher asks if you've done all your chores.

Your family does not own a TV.

You are firmly convinced that high school causes brain damage.

You have more siblings than sweaters.

Your favorite author is Jane Austen.

You taunt high schooled friends during finals week.

You spend more than two hours each day reading and writing . . . voluntarily.

You regularly utilize words such as: malingering, tedious, and indubitably.

Your teacher frequently takes naps during class.

You have no clue what cafeteria food tastes like.

Your parents spend more money for schoolbooks than they do for school clothes.

You do schoolwork on your bed.

You frequently takes breaks to change diapers, make meals, and clean up after the other students.

You've never forgotten your locker combination.

[A note: I recognize that this list does not apply to all homeschool families, just laugh and enjoy the joke - I thought it was pretty creative. Oh, and I did not come up with this whole thing, I found various segments on the Internet, added a few of my own, and compiled them into one big list]

4 comments :

  1. This time around my finals are probably worse than what would be found at a public high school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. It made me smile! Did your mom finally have her baby?

    I felt bad that I didn't have your email but figured I could reach you here. I know you had mentioned that you would love to learn how to install navigation bars. I have been trying to learn how to install a custom post title font and signature all morning without any success, and was wondering if you would be willing to exchange "Blogger" knowledge.

    You're welcome to email me if you like. Hope to talk with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hilton - Heh, this it true. . . .

    @Jacquelinne - Thanks! No . . . she's still very pregnant.

    Sure! I'll email you about how to do the fonts, and I would love to learn how to do the navigation bars and header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I think about it, I sort of miss all that. It was way nicer than I realized to be able to work on my own schedule... Darn all this higher education business. :)

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!