16.10.10

The Best Kind of Saturday

Today, I am grateful for . . .

Tomatoes
Lots and lots of pots
Hot water
Cold water
Old T-shirts
Sticky, acidy, wonderful tomato juice
Onions that cause family sob fests
Cilantro that I still don't know how to cut up right
Hot peppers
Pizza
Brothers
Sweet little neighbor kids
Little Jane, and her infectious giggles and squinty-eyed smiles
Showers
Mason jars
A nice big kitchen
SALSA!


Today was one of those no-makeup, grungy clothes, and bare feet days - and it was wonderful! My family and I spent all day canning six batches of salsa. I loved spending time with my mother and brother especially - and we had a great time unskinning and mashing up tomatoes for hours (and laughing hysterically at silly jokes . . . ).

No comments :

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!