Anastasia was one of those movies that gave me perpetual nightmares as a child (and even now that I'm older, I still detest the depiction of Rasputin). Somehow though, despite how disturbing the movie is, I have come to love this song from its soundtrack:
We were strangers, starting out on a journey
Never dreaming, what we'd have to go through
Now here we are, and I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you
No one told me I was going to find you
Unexpected, what you did to my heart
When I lost hope, you were there to remind me
This is the start
Doesn't that describe newly-married couples? You find each other, fall in love, and go off to conquer the world together. Then eventually, the newness wears off and you find yourselves struggling each day to keep at least your world together, even as it sometimes feels like the world around you is falling apart. You realize that marriage isn't easy and learn to smile through the tears, laugh at the burned dinner, and forgive each other for every mistake. When the big trials come, you go back to the foundation that your marriage is built on and face the next bump in the road with renewed faith, love, and determination.
Life is a road that I wanna keep going
Love is a river, I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road, now and forever, wonderful journey
Wonderful indeed!


I love that song. It was on our wedding playlist. :)
ReplyDeleteNice! You have such great taste in music. ;) :)
Delete