9.9.13

Testimony: Valerie Hudson Cassler

I just finished reading an incredible article that my husband shared with me last night, by Valerie Hudson Cassler, entitled, I am a Mormon Because I am a Feminist. I invite you to read that as an extension of my brief thoughts on being a woman in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I especially love this paragraph from sister Cassler:

Priesthood is a man’s apprenticeship to become a heavenly father, and it is clear from LDS doctrine that women have their own apprenticeship to become like their heavenly mother. The ordinances—and they are ordinances—of body and of agency—pregnancy, childbirth, lactation—the spiritual ordinances of the First Tree are not less powerful or spiritual than the ordinances of the Second Tree. Women have their own godly power.

Absolutely beautiful, and it makes perfect sense to me. The order of Father's Plan of Salvation, along with His Son's true Church is impeccable and entirely divine. I love how He loves us so much to give us such incredible blessings. I look forward to one day understanding completely the way that husbands and wives work together in godhood. It is all truly beautiful to me.

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for sharing that quote from Sister Cassler! I hadn't thought of it that way before. She really did put it beautifully! I will definitely be reading her whole article when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!