Today is election day.
The day when the next man to bring America closer to destruction is to be chosen.
However, my intention is not to speak of gloom, surrender, and hopelessness.
Actually, I would like to share a bit of
hope.
The kind of hope that is found through trusting in our Savior, having faith in His Gospel and His Plan, and being obedient to His Commandments.
The kind of hope that assures us of our forthcoming victory, through Christ.
Our victory over tyrants,
over bondage,
over desolation.
Hope of that glorious day when the very Son of God will reign as the true King of this Earth.
Hope that His unseen hand will guide us to Him as we seek for light, truth, and freedom.
No matter what, the Lord is in control.
Ultimately.
He will conquer in the end.
Money, possessions, power,
none of it matters.
Those things are temporal, and will not bring us exaltation.
Remember that our personal government is the most important.
If we ourselves are imbalanced and corrupt, we cannot expect to have useful and controlled local, state, and federal governments. Any attempt at "protecting our freedoms" is in vain, if we, the people of this Nation, are not moral and pure, using our God-given gift of agency righteously.
Let us also keep in mind that as children of God, it is our duty to support those who trust in Him,
who do His will, and seek to please Him.
Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.
Great post! I love election day!
ReplyDelete-Melanie
P.S. I'm hosting a $50 Shabby Apple giveaway on my blog. You can check it out here: http://meandmr.com/post/35113285949/shabby-apple-50-giveaway
Thank you, Melanie! :)
DeleteExcellent post! Now that the election is over, I understand exactly what hope you were feeling earlier; Christ really will help us through this! It's not like He's ignorant or powerless; He really will lead us, as He always has!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind me sharing this; I feel a lot of people (mostly disgruntled Romeny supporters) could use the consoling at this time.
Thank you, Patrick. Of course, you can share it. :)
DeleteAmen! Thank you so much! This is just what I needed to hear today. Honestly there is no greater ruler than our Father in Heaven. We just need to listen to the counsel of the Prophets and read our scriptures consistently, remembering that God is over all. We need to more fully rely on Christ.
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting, Callie. I am glad that you liked it - I give all the credit to the Spirit, and I am grateful that the Lord is able to use me to spread His truth. I feel like I need to listen to my own words right now. . . .
Delete