22.11.12

A Grateful Heart

This month being the month of Thanksgiving, I have recorded each day simple blessings that I am grateful for.
Enjoy my list of twenty-two days so far:

Day one: I am grateful for healing.

Day two: I am grateful for courage and determination.

Day three: I am grateful that I no longer live in Ogden.

Day four: I am grateful for pleasant dreams.

Day five: I am grateful for two-day-old bagels, this guy: "Louisville", and maxi skirts.

Day six: I am grateful for the ability to write-in the candidate that I want to vote for, even if I know that actually voting for him will not change the results of the election.

Day seven: I am grateful to be safe in my house with my family, with my faith - though wavering - and the Spirit of God. And ultimately, I am grateful to know for a certainty that Satan will not win. HE WILL NEVER WIN.

Day eight: I am grateful that dreams are not real, and that I am safe and sound in my parents' home.

Day nine: I am grateful for parents who teach me how to think, and for baby talk.

Day ten: I am grateful for inspiration, guidance, and protection.
I am also grateful for midnight talks with my favorite people on Earth.
And a tiny body full of more energy and gumption than I'll probably ever muster.

Day eleven: I am grateful for my mind. Even if it gets cluttered and overwhelmed, I am grateful.

I am also grateful for the fact that I can eat again, even if I still don't enjoy it.

And thirdly, I am grateful for my sweet baby sister, M&M, who can now open her bedroom door and escape from her nap.


Day twelve: I am grateful for gifts of the Spirit, for long talks with good friends, for resolution, for peace, and for this memory.

Day thirteen - I am grateful for my fingers, for Hymns, and for the fact that I was/continue to be taught at home by my parents.

Day fourteen: I am grateful for this lady, and her recipe for butternut squash soup; as well as for plastic gloves.
I am also thankful to realize that I might make a decent little homemaker after all.

Day fifteen: I am grateful for beauty.

Day sixteen: I am grateful for trust, for safety, and for my twin brothers - "Shaylee, are you going to make graham crappers today?"

Day seventeen: I am grateful for early morning recollections that put a smile on my face.
For letters from a missionary, even if they aren't to me personally.
For paychecks.
For answers.

Day eighteen: I am grateful for uninterrupted sleep, for the presence of the Holy Spirit, and for spiritual sustenance.

Day nineteen: I am grateful for growth, and for that blessed, miraculous, wonderful moment when I finally discovered that the videos and pictures from my baby sister's birth did not meet their demise when my laptop died.

Day twenty: I am grateful to be able to laugh again.

Day twenty-one: I am grateful for simplicity.
And eggs, and hamburgers.

Day twenty-two: I am grateful for my Beau.


If you have a list of your own, link to it in the comments. I would love to read what you are grateful for!



Since it's Thursday, even if it is Thanksgiving, my Link & Mingle party is going on right here - go join, if you feel so inclined. :)

Happy, happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments :

  1. I am grateful for my big sister :)
    my family and my Friends, ALL my brothers :) good memories, and all that I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful for my little sister, my family, my friends, ALL of my brothers, good memories, tickle fights, "tacky" outfits, and homemade cinnamon bread. ;) And all that I have.

      Delete
  2. Great list :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Camille! Happy (late) Thanksgiving to you!

      And how are you and your baby girl?? :)

      Delete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!