22.9.12

Counterfeit Resurrection: The Craze of the Undead

We have a growing fad in our society that seems to be innocuous enough.

“The Apocalypse is coming! Be prepared to ward off bites from infected victims, or you might just become one yourself!”

Undead terrors, taking over humanity.

Zombies.

“Psh. Zombies aren't real. They're just imaginary monsters that have been invented for our enjoyment. They're harmless.”

Wrong, wrong, and dead wrong.
  

zom·bie
  1. The body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.
  2. The supernatural force itself.
  3. a) A person whose behavior or responses are wooden, listless, or seemingly rote; automaton.
    b) One who is or appears to be lifeless, apathetic, or completely unresponsive to their surroundings.
  4. A soulless corpse said to be revived by witchcraft.
  "Witchcraft?"


  witch·craft
  1. The use of sorcery or magic.
  2. Communication with the devil.
Do the scriptures say anything about this “communication with the devil”? In Galations chapter 5, verses 19 to 21, the Apostle Paul lays out the works of the flesh - in contrast to the “fruit of the Spirit” (verses 22-23):
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; 
Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
My question is this: why is it deemed acceptable to participate in such activity related to the obviously-wicked creations of man, or to even allow such a concept to hold a place in our minds? Friends, we are seeking to serve God, and God alone, are we not? Here, in Matthew 6, the Savior clearly states that a person can serve only one master at a time, whether He be God, or whether he be the Father of Lies:
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
To be perfectly straight, zombies are not acceptable to the Lord. They are of that crafty Master of Counterfeit and Deceit himself. They are just one of the countless Anti-Christs that we have in our society today. Honestly, I do believe that such beings exist, in more ways than one; but that makes them no less twisted, sick, and evil.

Whether we like it or not, men, and women, on this Earth have the power of Satan, and they do what he wills them to do. Magic, sorcery, witchcraft - it is not merely fantasy. It is real, and it is not harmless. I will not go into that area further, but I will tell you that I believe that such “undead” creatures are perfectly plausible, and are highly terrifying. Enough said there.

As for definition number two - “wooden, listless, apathetic” creatures - we most certainly see these “zombies” in our society. Addiction, apathy (obviously), ignorance, are all symptoms of this zombie-like behavior that has been defined. This is not an amusing thing in the least. What good are lifeless, brainless people to the Gospel of Christ? Of course, God our Father welcomes all of His children, and He loves every one of us, but what can people like that contribute to His Work? Apathy is what the devil desires of us. He wants us to forget our birthright, our missions and callings, our ultimate goal of exaltation! Yet, we laugh, and claim that we are “just having fun”, and that it “isn't hurting us”. I have heard, and I have seen it. In my mind, those who allow themselves to take part in this seemingly-harmless games, movies, books, memes, costumes, you name it . . . are showing Satan that they are in actuality, the very creatures that they are poking fun at and play-acting as! They are giving into his wishes, and before they even understand what they are doing, they are caught in his snare. Do I exaggerate? Ultimately, I believe that this entire zombie mindset is Lucifer's way of twisting the precious and holy truth of the Resurrection. The Power of the Almighty God will being His children back to life one glorious day, even those who have not kept His statutes in this life. Christ overcame death so that we might all live again. And yet, that great Deceiver thinks that he has the power as well, to restore the breath to those who have departed this world. He is mocking God, and in tolerating his little game of “fun”, and supposed innocence, I submit that we are aiding him in that act. There is a Plan, set forth for us by our Divine Creator. We are to live on this Earth, declare His Gospel, be sealed to our beloved families, keep the Commandments of Him Who sent us here, and return to live with Him as sacred unions in Light and Peace, for eternity. He wishes all that is wondrous and great upon us, His children. He gives Light and Truth for us to learn and to draw closer to Him. Friends, let us not yield to His Adversary. Seek for the goodness and Glory of God. Serve Him only. I plead with you. Let us wake up to his tricks and deceit. The LORD desires to have us - you - in His arms, always.

I sincerely hope that you will view this as the writing of a loving and concerned sister, and friend. I highly suggest this post as well, written by the lovely Heather. She gives a brilliant discourse regarding violence in media, and its complete lack of innocence.

As a sort of disclaimer, this is not a sweeping judgment on which I know nothing about. Forgive me if I offend, as I have tried to word this as kindly and as non-reproachfully as I can. However, I must say what is on my mind, and I felt inspired to share this. I wish for anyone who reads this to understand that darkness is real, real and looming. But there is one Power that overcomes all evil - the Power of God.
And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers. . . . (Micah 5:12)
He will conquer. Let us come out victorious with Him.
Weekend Blog Hop

Blog Post Hop

Drink Your Greens and Minerals

16 comments :

  1. I agree with you that all of the zombie stuff lately really cannot just be seen as "innocent fun"--it's not good at all, really! We do need to stay away from evil things of that sort and have no dealings with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing, Shaylee! Thank you for having the courage to say this! Zombies, and such always make me sick, and I realized a while ago that their a counterfeit for the resurection, but I never thought aboutthe rest of it...If you don't mind, I want to qoute you on my blog.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lyssa! Go ahead and link to my post when you want! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful insights. We are so desensitized to satan's work, we don't even realize how much we buy into his deceit in the name of fun and games. Thank you for helping us to be more aware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. You are so right!

      Thank the Spirit for the inspiration. I'm glad to be awake to the truth of this awful craze.

      Delete
  4. Excellent observation; I honestly did not see this coming when I saw the topic was zombies. Good job! I agree completely that the worst thing to happen to society is our toying with sin and the ever-increasing apathy towards what matters most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Patrick, you are the best. :)

      Delete
  5. I, too, agree that not only is Satan mocking the idea of a Resurrection, but he is offering a counterfeit--his idea of life--a moving automaton unable to have an increase and with no agency whatsoever....

    So many people think this is all in good fun, but I will tell you that it has been a source of pain for my children. They are deeply, deeply affected when their friends and teachers at church make a mockery of death itself by making zombie jokes in class and activities. Death is holy. It is sacred. The body is a temple, something that is brushed off in all the "fun".

    Having lost their little sister, it actually pains them when people are dressed up as corpses, and making a mockery of the temple of God and His plan. For them, it is as if these people are unknowingly making a mockery of their little sister who has passed beyond this mortality.

    It is just another way he is carefully poisoning us by degrees.

    Thanks for having the courage to say something--it makes a big difference if people just say something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty,

      Thank you so much for your comment. I feel for your children. How beautiful it is that their spirits are so sensitive, and that they understand the truth behind the deceit, yet how painful it is to hear such atrocious humor . . . I can imagine.

      The body is a Temple, and not something to be made light of. Thank you for making that point. We are creations of God, and we should recognize the divinity that even just our bodies hold. How can anyone laugh about being mutilated and crazed . . . ? I hope that I never understand.

      I am so glad that you read my post, and I look forward to reading yours. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for writing this. It is something that has bothered me in the back of my mind for a long time, but I have still let it into my home. I'm going to have to root it out, but that's not a bad thing. I like it when people make me think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you read this and commented, and that you agree! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am grateful that I could be one of those people who make others think, at least once. :)

      Delete
  7. Great post! Thanks for reminding us to pay attention to what we allow into our lives.

    https://fashionablysaving.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Susan - it is very much appreciated. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for being a part of the Getting To Know You hop! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to link up! Thank you for hosting and for stopping by my posts, Sherlinda! :)

      Delete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!