The Camels are Coming
Odd post title, I know, but bear with me.
While reading in Genesis 24 today, the last few the verses of the chapter hit me like a pile of bricks.
"And Issac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and behold, the camels were coming.
And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Issac, she lighted off the camel.
For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself .
And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done.
And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death."
It's funny, because in these verses that involve a man and a woman, I am likening myself more to the man, and his actions and situation.
Isaac's mother had recently passed away, and he was mourning her death (verse 67). Abraham, Isaac's father, asked his servant to go to his (Abraham's) kindreds' land to find a wife for Isaac. The servant obeyed, and after counseling with the Lord, he met Rebekah, a kindly, virtuous young maiden. When Rebekah's family asked, "Wilt thou go with this man?" she answered, "I will go." Without delay, she went. As the traveling company was nearing, Isaac, who had been meditating in the fields, saw that "the camels were coming". Rebekah saw him and "lighted off the camel". She was eager to marry Isaac, and without a moment's hesitation, she prepared herself to properly meet her husband-to-be. And "Isaac was comforted after his mother's death."
At this point in my life, I strongly desire to marry and raise a family. There are times when I feel down and discouraged; I long for the comfort of my husband's arms. Yet, all I can do is wait and prepare, and enjoy my life in the meantime. The Lord is bringing my future husband and I together - the camels are coming. As I prepare myself as much as I possibly can; spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically, my man will see me as his sweetheart and hurry to my side. We will then make the rest of the necessary preparations for marriage, and he will take me to be his wife. The process will not be perfect, and it may not begin for some time, but I will prepare all I can now to be a wife and mother. The camels will come, and I will be comforted after my personal sojourn in the Valley of Maidenhood.
The Lord knew that I needed a little encouragement today. :)
P.S. I'll get the second "refashion"ish of last week up some time next week, maybe.
You so right Shaylee! Preparing as you wait on God for your spouse is great. And God does honour faith. God's grace and speed!
ReplyDeleteNew follower from the hop.
TESHUVA-www.ugochi-jolomi.com/
Have you read _The Fascinating Girl_ by Helen Andeline? If you haven't go read it. It's all about, umm, catching boys? Go read it, you'll see. I could bring it to "Hillshum" tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYou could name him "Tousles"/"Tousled."