10.5.11

Progression



Atop the hill the clouds close in,
Immersing me in darkness.
I feel stifled and afraid.
I wonder in silence,
Where is the light?

Behind me I feel a presence.
“There is no light”, he tells me.
“Embrace the darkness. Darkness brings happiness.”
“No!” I shout. “Darkness brings despair!”
I feel no light.

I pray to God, “Take me away!”
I feel only despair.
It isn't time, my soul whispers.
I feel wretched, and confused.
I see no end to my misery.
“Angels,” I plead. “Show me the light!”

No answer, no relief.
His voice echoes eerily through the still, cold air.
“The angels are fallen. They can offer you nothing. There is no peace, no hope.”
Tears stain my face as his words pierce my heart.
“I know there is light”, I cry. “I know there is light!”

I drop to the ground, unaware of the pain.
His evil presence dulls the throbbing of my heart.
I feel nothing.
He laughs at me from behind the trees.
“Useless,” he calls me. “There is no light!”
I close my eyes, losing consciousness at last.
There must be light. . . .

He stands over my tortured form.
He crouches down close.
“Stop!”
A hand appears in the fog.
“She will not come with you. She has turned to her Father.”
Terrible, he glares in the thick darkness.
“She has lost all hope,” he smirks. She has left the light.”
“She is hurt”, the angel explains. “She does not understand.”
The dark figure turns to scoff.
He stops.
He is blinded by a sudden ray of light in the west. Light!
He cries out in pain, “She was mine!”
I open my eyes, as his form turns to dust.
Angel lifts my head, smiling gently.
“Come to the Light, Child.”

He carries me to a fortress of Beauty.
I gaze at the spirits surrounding the Heavenly Structure.
They welcome me with open arms.
“Here is the Light!” they sing. Here is the light!

They bring me to stand at the doors of that Fortress of Light.
The doors open in silence as the Heavens declare praises.
A Figure appears.
I fall to my knees, sobs choking my breaths. He stands at my feet.
I look down, in shame.
He lifts my face up, toward His Glorious countenance.
In His eyes I find no anger.
“I am the Light”, He exclaims.

I rise up, trembling.
He supports me as I stand.
Embracing me, He cries in my hair,
“You are here, Daughter. You have found the Light.”
I rejoice at His words.
I have found the Light! I remain in the Light!
Forever.

1 comment :

  1. Wow, Love it. Nicely written.

    Following from the discussion "Own fav post" fro BBN!

    http://firebeneathmyheart.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!