12.3.11

Here Comes the Bride

Eventually.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was shopping at DI the other day. It was a fabulous, successful trip, and I found some pretty neat things - which I will post about at a later date - including . . . a wedding gown. It fit me nearly perfectly, it was beautiful, it was elegant, it was stunning, it was perfect and I was in love. 

Normally, I don't even think about getting a wedding dress from DI. But when I saw that I thought, I know my wedding isn't going to be a grand affair, and I most likely won't get the dress of my dreams. I just have to accept that. It's the way life is. So . . . why not just get a dress now while it doesn't cost much? 

The people around me oohed and ahhhed when I came out of the dressing room wearing that magnificent dress. I was in heaven.

Okay, maybe they didn't ahh, and ooh, but I got a few compliments about it's beauty.

It was a bit too long, but hello, there's a thing called hemming, right? It was only a hundred dollars . . . and I wanted it so badly!

My mother nearly bought it for me, but after I tried it on she reminded me that since I'm not getting married any time soon I probably don't want to get a dress just yet. I'll find something even more amazing when I'm closer to marrying. 

I reluctantly agreed with her and I finally managed to get up the courage to put the dress back. I nearly cried. It was a sad moment at DI. 

I happened to have my camera with me so I had my mother snap a picture of the wondrous thing.


{Don't you love the cart in the background? Oh, and my lovely shoe, heh.}

Is that not the most heavenly dress?

I am glad that I decided to wait though.

I can't even described how wonderful it felt to wear it.

I just have to say, that after that, I am awaiting my wedding day with even more eagerness - if that's possible.

Remember to enter my giveaway! :)

No comments :

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!