27.2.11

Signature Sunday

Last week wasn't too eventful. I went to the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU Museum with the Young Women. All of those paintings have such strong a strong spirit. Seeing the talent of that man put to creating depictions of the Savior's life was a magnificent experience.

Now that finally have the patience to read again, I've read, and read, and read, stopping only if I really have to. I picked up Gospel Doctrine by Joseph F. Smith. That is a very, very good book. It seems like most of the answers to questions that I have had lately are in there. One of my favorite quotes so far is, "It is no discredit to our intelligence or to our integrity to say frankly in the face of a hundred speculative questions, 'I do not know.'" That one really calmed my heart. 

Other books I have read this week: Emily, by Jack Weyland. Amazing book. It's crazy how much I relate to Emily. I could not put that book down, and was very put out when the story ended...haha. I also read Mending Places, by Denise Hunter. That one made me sob, over and over. Very beautiful story, and it teaches a lot about love and forgiveness. {Definitely more mature material}. I loved it. Couldn't put that one down either. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!

I hope you all had a fabulous week. I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately. I kind of had a computer fast, and I didn't have much to post about. This week I will post pictures of my blouse, and also of a new skirt refashion I did this week. 

Remember LIGHT! :)

No comments :

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!