14.11.10

The Princess and the Pea

For Young Women in Excellence tonight, I had the opportunity to share my thoughts on how the story of "the Princess and the Pea" can relate to young women spiritually. The theme was "My Happily Ever After". Allow me to share those thoughts with you. It's nothing profound or spectacular, but it's me. :)

The “pea” in this story can resemble the Holy Spirit. True Princesses, Daughters who understand that they are of a Heavenly Father, strive to live worthy to have the Spirit with them, to feel that companionship, at all times – they are sensitive and partial to spiritual things. 

In order to qualify for the Holy Ghost, young women must be virtuous, obedient, submissive, meek, patient, and loving. Like the princess in this story, we must recognize that True Princesses need not have stunning and beautiful outward appearances, but rather, that our hearts and minds must be pure, filled to over-flowing with the Light and Love of Christ. 

Remember that a Real Prince is seeking only for a Real Princess. Not a woman of the world, but a woman of the Spirit. A woman who understands her Divine Nature and role as a Daughter of God. A woman who is worthy to enter the temple, who will stay by her husband's side forever, through anything; who loves the Lord more than anything or anyone else, and who will raise up righteous sons and daughters unto our Father, the King. 

I testify to you, that when you live a life of righteousness, and virtue, when you keep the Commandments and strive to stay on the Straight and Narrow Path; the Lord will send His Spirit to guide you, so that when you come to those bumps and potholes on the Path, you will be able to come out conquerer, and will have learned all the more about your Father in Heaven, your mission on this Earth, and His plan for you and your family. I have also found that the presence of the Holy Spirit eliminates fear. A life lived with the companionship of the Spirit of God is simply joyful.

5 comments :

  1. Wow Shaylee! that was amazing tonight!! I was getting so emotional right before I went up to sing. and I was trying to clear up by the time I got up there, so I hope I didn't look like I had been crying. oh and after, I went to go find Sierra (she had been there waiting for Christmas in the grove) and as I was telling her about it, I started to get emotional again!!! WOW I love feeling the Spirit!! I feel so good afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you looked fine when you were singing. :) I started to get emotional towards the end of my talk thing, I don't know if you noticed that my voice sounded rather strange. . . .

    I love feeling the Spirit too! Tonight was beautiful.

    At next year's YWIE I'll be graduated. Scary, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the nice comment on my blog! Oh, and thanks for becoming a follower. The more, the merrier!

    -Ponytails

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. You have a cute blog! Love the blog title...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome! I love your blog as well! Thanks for commenting! :)

    *Felicity*

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!