I took a huge step towards "unplugging from the world" today: I've disabled Google Buzz in my email. * Gasp *
I've been meaning to do this for weeks, well, months really, but it just never happened. I think I was getting a bit addicted to it . . . my heart would skip a beat anytime I saw the little numbers go bold, and every three minutes I was checking to see if any of the people I followed had posted anything new. It was bad. Okay, maybe not that bad, but worse than it should have been. The strange thing is, I don't believe in facebook, yet, I was totally fine with wasting my time on buzz posting random, meaningless, and just plain stupid things. I'm done with it though. It's no longer a distraction, temptation. It's not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but for me it just wasn't the best. I was spending way too much time on it, when I could have been doing other things. It was ridiculous, and I finally got fed up. I really don't know why I was so into it for so long. I mean, lots of the things people post really are just dumb; but for me it was exciting just to see my friends post something.
Anyway, I'm done with buzz, permanently. We'll see how much "extra" time I suddenly have to put towards school, family, and most importantly, my Lord.
President Uchtdorf's talk really inspired me. I'm tired of being so busy and never having enough time to do everything I need to do. Well, here's my solution.

Bravo.
ReplyDeleteUnforunately, I'm in the opposite boat: I've never had buzz but want it desperately. Go figure. :)
Go Shaylee!! I got rid of it a month or so ago. It drived me crazy getting all these emails for conversations that I said one thing in but am no longer involved in.
ReplyDeleteGood for you. Like six months ago I set it to not send anything to my Inbox, now all I get is @mentions (which I really should set up a filter to get manually).
ReplyDeleteI like having it there, but there is a lot of junk, mostly by people I barely know. I should unfollow/block a lot of people.
I was following ninty-five people, and about that same number of people were following me. I had no clue. I was getting a new buzz every three minutes, and finally I got tired of the distraction.
ReplyDeleteAmber:
ReplyDeleteHaha, funny how that works. . . .
Shelby:
Good for you!
yey! i disabled it right off the bat because it was annoying but I have a Facebook profile so I know what its like to be on a social network....haha yea. I was gonna delete my facebook profile but I do use it for good stuff often and I thought it would be a good time to learn self discipline. Yea, I'm still working on thaT.....
ReplyDelete