4.2.15

Mane 'n Tail Review


Mane 'n Tail Products
{ this is not a paid review }

Back in January, I started using a new shampoo. After a month's use, I'm pretty sure that I won't be changing my shampoo anytime soon! 


I admit that I was skeptical when I first heard about Mane 'n Tail and the way that it supposedly makes your hair grow crazy-fast. But then I was talking to a friend about my split ends and she told me about her own use of Mane 'n Tail and how it minimized her split ends, along with other perks. I thought it was something that I would have to look for at a pet store, but she told me that I could find it at Sally Beauty Supply. Well, I was sold.

I picked some up about a week later (it was on sale, so I snagged the 32 oz. of shampoo and conditioner for $6.00!) and started using it right away. I didn't want to make up results, so I was still really careful about spotting differences, and, honestly, I didn't expect much the first week, let alone the first try. Weeeeell, after the very first wash, when I went to run a pick through my wet hair and came away with ZERO strays, I kind of flipped out (ask my husband). During that day, I don't remember taking hair off of myself more than once, and I didn't notice it falling out when I brushed or ran my fingers through my hair like it normally did. For me, that is huuuuuuuuge.

Thirty days later, I have used it about eight times now and have noticed some major differences in my hair's overall health.

Hair

1) After ONE use, my hair loss was minimal. After 30 days, I haven't picked stray hairs off of my clothes, furniture, food, or husband & friends neeeeeearly as often. My husband noticed that when he plays with my hair he doesn't come away with massive hairballs in his hands. ;)

2) I used to wash my hair every other day with the normal, cheap stuff from the grocery store. I have also tried baking soda & apple cider vinegar, and managed to get two days between washings, but after a couple of months, that made my hair feel way too dry (I guess that I just didn't take the time or patience to figure out the proper application for those). My second wash with Mane 'n Tail was two days after the first (because that is what I was used to, though I'm pretty sure my hair could have taken another day at least). Now my washing is every 3-4 days, and it's not even starting to feel greasy by then.

3) With Mane 'n Tail, my hair feels softer & sleeker, and I haven't had any problems with it being either too dry or oily!

4) So, I didn't start using Mane 'n Tail because I wanted my hair to grow - it already grows pretty fast & prenatal vitamins add to that growth - but I have noticed that it's growing even faster now (already time for another trim), and as it grows, the ends aren't nearly as brittle or split. I have also noticed more natural wave in my hair, so that it looks much better when I leave it down.

Side note: This shampoo & conditioner does smell good, to me! It's not a feminine, flowery smell, and in fact, it smells like men would like it better than women. Also, I have used it for thirty days and I'm not even halfway through the bottle. For my long hair, that's saying a lot, because I would normally go through two-three bottles of shampoo & conditioner a month!

I love my hair so much right now that I have only straightened it once in the past month (I previously used the straightener about once a week - no wonder I had bad split ends) and I am constantly running my fingers through it because I love how it feels, and how it doesn't fall out just by me breathing. ;) It's pretty awesome!



e m a i l | f a c e b o o k | i n s t a g r a m | p i n t e r e s t | t w i t t e r

2 comments :

  1. I've heard good things about this shampoo but had resisted trying it because I couldn't get past remembering using it to wash horses as a girl! I'll have to give it a try! I'm frustrated with not getting a good amount of time between washes, sometimes I could go up to 4 days between washing my hair but recently it's been like 2 days tops and I don't know why. Maybe this will do the trick! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can see why previous memories could be disconcerting! I had the same problem with not enough days between washes, and this has totally helped! Let me know if you use it. :)

      Delete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!