Sacred Sunday | Christmas
[ if you don't know what this link party is all about, read the introduction ]
Well, Christmas is over and it's time to start getting back to normal post-holiday life. I can't help but feel a twinge of wistfulness as I think about taking down & putting away our Christmas things in a few days. There is just something about the greenery, the lights, and especially all of the nativities that brings such a warmth to my house and heart. I wish I didn't have to let it go until next Christmas, but it would drive my husband crazy to have it up for much longer than New Year's day. ;)
As I think back on this Christmas season I have a few regrets, but I mostly smile at the memories of finding, creating, and giving gifts to many loved ones, and of simply enjoying the powerful Spirit of love, service, and peace of this time of year. Why is it that mankind seems to become so much more good around Christmas (despite the major commercialism and encouraged selfishness)? I think most of all I will miss that feeling in the air of pure, natural love.
As far as regrets go, I wish that Patrick & I had actually read some Christmas books (instead of just enjoying them as decorations) and played more Christmas music. Along with that, I wish that the Christmas cheer that I had way back in December hadn't completely left me when I got sick at the beginning of the month. It took a while to get back into it, and because of that I felt like Christmas came and went without much celebration. Boo.
Still, it was a wonderful month, and my best Christmas yet (every year gets better and better). Being with family on Christmas day was wonderful, and though I'll be honest it was mildly difficult thinking about it potentially being my baby I's first Christmas, I had an amazing day and had more of a blast watching everyone else receive and open gifts than I did receiving my own. I was especially excited to see my parent's & siblings' faces when they opened their gifts from Patrick & I, and I was not disappointed!
Getting back into the swing of things, I want to remember how good I felt this month, and how happy I have been trying to help other people to be happy. I want to continue to serve with my hands & heart. I want to see a person on the street and smile at them simply because I know that God loves them. I want to treasure my family and close friends and the time that I have with them now. I want to make plans for future Christmases with my children and make them as magical and delightful and full of joy as I can. I want to focus daily on the love and sacrifice of my Savior. I want to be a better me.
I am so grateful for this beautiful highlight at the end of a difficult though amazing year. I'm looking forward to 2015 and all that it holds. For this moment though, I am going to relax and reminisce about how entirely terrific it is to be alive at this time on this day.
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
What is your favorite, sacred Christmas article or video? Leave a link below then tell your friends to come over and share theirs!
r u l e s
Follow After the Manner of Happiness
Add a link (or links) to a site on the internet or a post of your own featuring your favorite song
Visit & comment on at least two other entries
Share this link party on one or more social media sites with the keywords #31ChristmasDays2014
HAVE FUN!
o p t i o n a l
Copy the link party code to your own website or blog and invite your readers to join along!
Grab this button and put it on your sidebar
No comments :
My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!