Melodious Monday | Patapan
When I was nine or ten, I participated in a five-hand piano arrangement of the French Christmas carol PataPan, and since then it has remained one of my favorite holiday songs, especially after hearing the version sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in their Christmas album from 2000. I love the thought of humble little shepherd boys playing their drums for the Christ Child. The lyrics address the harmony between the fife & drum and God & His children perfectly, and the music accompanies the words so beautifully.
What is your favorite Christmas song? Leave a link below then tell your friends to come over and share theirs!
r u l e s
Follow After the Manner of Happiness
Add a link (or links) to a site on the internet or a post of your own featuring your favorite song
Visit & comment on at least two other entries
Share this link party on one or more social media sites with the keywords #31ChristmasDays2014
HAVE FUN!
o p t i o n a l
Copy the link party code to your own website or blog and invite your readers to join along!
Grab this button and put it on your sidebar
I'd have to say my favorite Christmas song is the hymn "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel".
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that one. I'll actually be sharing a link to my favorite version later on! Do you have a specific arrangement that you love?
ReplyDeleteI love Christmas music! I've been working on a YouTube playlist of my current favorites (they change every year, I think!) That said, my all-time favorite Christmas song is Carol of the Bells. The aforementioned playlist has about half a dozen different renditions. It makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteThat was has always been hauntingly-beautiful to me. It was one of the first Christmas songs I learned to play on the piano!
ReplyDelete