22.12.14

Christmas Cookies


I recently found the best recipe in the history of food.



I made them in October or November and fell absolutely in love with their look, feel & taste. When I was trying to think of something to take to both a family Christmas party & a cookie contest at work, these were obviously my first choice. Not only are they absolutely delicious, but they are so easy to make! Just be sure to have at least an hour & a half before you have to be anywhere, if you are planning on taking them out & sharing. ;)

The only adaptation I made to the original recipe was to add a few sprinkles of nutmeg to the flour & salt mixture. 


Then, to add some pizzazz to an already-amazing cookie, I placed peppermint kisses on top of one portion of flattened & baked cookies . . .


. . . and pressed the bottom of a crystal glass on another portion of non-cooked dough.

 
The kiss & cookie combination was basically incredible, and the cute little stars on top were so pretty. Along with fork-pressing the last portion, I had one cookie three different ways! They were a hit at work and the family party - they took second place in the cookie contest - and I think they just might be my new go-to treat, perfect for any occasion & any time of year!

Tell me if you make them and be sure to take pictures to share. I would love to see your own shortbread cookie creations!



e m a i l | f a c e b o o k | i n s t a g r a m | p i n t e r e s t | t w i t t e r

No comments :

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!