16.2.14

StoneGate Affairs | month seven

Has it really been seven months? We have now lived at StoneGate longer than we lived with Patrick's parents. Crazy stuff.

January was a really tough month for us, but we found many happy moments even still. It's so nice having my phone now so that I can capture the little moments in a flash - each of them, even though Patrick teases me about taking so many pictures. ;)



I started off the year by trying out a new recipe.
These mini quiches were pretty great. I admit, though, that the frozen crescent roll dough wasn't as tasty as a pie crust dough would be, but the point of the recipe was quick and easy, so it served its purpose.

One of the more beautiful snowfalls of the winter.

On one of our almost-weekly evenings with James and Valerie, Patrick's brother and his wife, I went on a trip to Nostalgiaville. I have a blast playing with Valerie!

My monthly rose. He's still doing this even though we're past a year of marriage. Melts my heart. . . . :)

Making pizza with our new pizza stone and paddle - courtesy of my sweet Mother-in-law,
and . . . playing around a bit too. ;)

 And this happened. Crushed red peppers all over the place. :(


 Sunday afternoon antics.
". . . And so, the tongue took over the whooooole world. The End."

Date night! Lately, we've been working on setting apart time for actually going out, especially when we can find things that are free or relatively inexpensive. So we wandered around a furniture boutique and vintage toy store for an evening and discovered awesome treasures like these.



 I have this pretty nice ("nice" as in "aesthetically pleasing", and not "good quality") set of silverware, and with it are ten adorable little spoons that I use to eat out of small yogurt cups. One day while washing dishes (because I actually do that now), this sad spoon slipped under our sink mat and was severely damaged by our disposal. After almost damaging a second spoon of its kind, you can bet that we check every time before flicking the disposal switch.

ANTS. I had no clue that ant infestations were even possible during the winter. Well, they sure are. We've been dealing with them for a few weeks now, but after a treatment of peanut butter and borax, they are mostly gone. Thank goodness.

More date nighting. In-N-Out is a favorite.
The thing on my cheek is a star sticker that I picked up at work because I was having an especially grumpy day. I felt like a teenager.

 Our good pals, Sonic and Tails. We love Sonic games around here, and one night we discovered this hack that makes Sonic super fat when he grabs rings. I couldn't stop giggling.

 Lastly, we finally replaced all the lightbulbs in our apartment. After about three went out in a two-week period, we stocked up and changed them all. Funny thing was, most of them had too high of wattage, and they didn't belong in the different light fixtures anyway. It's a good thing we made sure they they are each following the rules now.

Now that it's the middle of the next month, happy February! Happy Valentine's Day! Happy President's Day! Happy life!

1 comment :

  1. :) It's good to see you guys and your little adventures! Ants in the house are no fun, but it's fun that you're going on dates and eating yummy food!

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!