18.7.13

After the Manner of the Lord

Hello Everyone! Happy Summer! :)

This is going to be short, but I was just reading in 1 Nephi, and I want to share with you the thoughts that I had on the verses that I was reading - one verse in particular.


"Now I, Nephi, did not work the timbers after the manner which was learned by men, neither did I build the ship after the manner of men; but I did build it after the manner which the Lord had shown unto me; wherefore, it was not after the manner of men."

(verse 2)

After the manner of the Lord.

How amazing is that? Nephi constructed that ship that was supposed to carry his entire family, plus some, to a completely different continent (a place that they had never been and knew next-to-nothing about); it was God Himself who taught him how to build it, and he succeeded.

In our lives there is so much around us that tells us to do things the world's way. It looks effortless, enjoyable, and harmless. Sure, going the way of the world may bring us temporary joy, but if we really want to be HAPPY, it's the LORD'S way that we should take. Think about it. Wouldn't you take eternal joy over a small bit of short-lived fun??

I want my marriage, my way of living to be after the manner of the Lord - the manner of HAPPINESS, of LIGHT, TRUTH, GOODNESS. Of course, it isn't the "easy" way, but it is the BEST, and the most FULFILLING way. It is the way of true peace and happiness.

No comments :

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!