18.9.12

Dimples and Delights: Food, Faces, and Family

Guest-posting on April's blog today!
I have been blessed with three opportunities to meet and get-to-know dearest April and her darling little sons in just the past week and a half. In those three meetings I discovered a true kindred spirit, a new love for food things, and two sweet-as-can-be adopted nephews. 
[part one]
Dimples and Delights
Part { Two }
Food, Fun, and Family
Our second day of getting together consisted of a tasty lunch at the Olive Garden, Bollywood soundtracks, and a witty little child who I now completely adore.

While looking down at his coloring page, Joe states simply, "You should say 'Thank you' to my mom for taking you here."

Yes. Yes, I should.

THANK YOU, JOE'S MOM FOR TAKING ME THERE.

{ wink }




Salad. I love salad.

That's Scruffy. :)

Gnocci, I believe, is what this bowl of delight is. Potato dumplings? YES, please.



Joe: "Your face looks the cutest in this picture".

I love four-year-olds. X)
While at April's place, I became acquainted with the serious and sensible Stephen (little), who I now lovingly refer to as "Pip". Together, we corrected math homework, read books, and played catch with a scarf and cape. After playing in his "back yard" for a short time, while singing music from "Singin' in the Rain", it was time for me to leave. As I hugged the boys and said my goodbyes, Pip asked me the most adorable and delightful question I have ever heard: "Will you be our Aunt?"
Friends, I melted.
April's big, adorable beast, Bracken.

Isn't his smile just enchanting? :)

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for my first-ever nephews.

2 comments :

  1. Goodness, he is a charming fellow and he is so well mannered. Good job, Stephen. And, yes, we should all thank your mom, Stephen, for letting you go to Olive Garden. You're so good with children! You're blessed, definitely. Thank you for sharing his lovely smile with us. It made my day extra bright.
    Hugs to you and Stephen (and his awesome mom),
    Dina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped to add some extra brightness to your day, Dina!! :)

      Delete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!