Last night I made dinner with my dad. We did biscuits and gravy - I made the biscuits, he made the gravy. That was enjoyable, and I just had to blog about it!
We took the biscuit recipe from Joy of Baking. I'll post the ingredients here, then you can go to the site for the directions.
BISCUITS
(we tripled it)
2 1/2 c. flour
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 T. sugar
1/2 c. cold butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 c. milk (we used powdered)
1 egg (we didn't have any, so we made them without eggs this time)
Optional topping:
1 large egg, lightly beaten, with 1 T. milk
These are so easy and quick, and seriously delicious!
If any of you make these anytime soon, please, send me pictures! I might just feature them in another post. ;)
Come back for my first Link & Mingle tomorrow!



Oh how neat. I can make them without eggs! I'm vegan; so I don't eat any animal products. I have butter substitute. This looks do-able.
ReplyDeleteYou know what I love about this, though? I love that you and your daddy get to bond through cooking. It's nice to just have fun and forget about male/female roles along with age limitations (like, for some reason, dads stop bonding with their kids. It's really sad). Good for you and your dad!