15.7.12

{ Since It's } Sunday (first link-up!)

Super-much thanks to Courtney, at Thoughts From the Birdhouse! She came up with this fabulous idea for an inspirational/spiritual Sunday link-up, and emailed me asking if I would help her host. A button was created, plans were made, and here we are hosting our first { Since It's } Sunday link party! I hope many of you join this - it's going to be grand reading other bloggers' thoughts, feelings, and inspirations! Read my post, then link up at the end! Grab the button below and put it up on your link party page! And come back tomorrow for my first sponsor spotlight and a giveaway with Courtney! :)

Elisabeth from Imma Walking Fashion Crime is also co-hosting with us this week!

{ Since It's } Sunday







At Institute this past week, we we read and discussed the healing of the blind man in Mark 8. My teacher asked us what was different about this miracle, compared to others that Christ performed. At first, I thought that maybe it was that Christ "spit on his eyes", but after looking deeper, my answer was, "It [the healing] was not immediate." How small that answer, but how significant as well! As I re-read those verses, I realized something that rather surprised me in a way, and made complete sense to me in another way; I have been struggling with the fact that the miracles that the Lord performed when He lived on this Earth seemed to all be immediate, but that the desires that I have are not being granted to me. After endless praying, pondering, and studying, the blessings that I desire seem to have been put on hold, while ever so many trials have been placed in my path. I did not realize that I was struggling so greatly with this. Yet in nearly an instant, I had the answer to question that I didn't even know I had. The Lord is there, and He does desire to bless me. I had no doubt of this, I just didn't understand why my prayers weren't seeming to be answered now; and I still don't, but I have a strong testimony and faith of and in the Lord and His timing. Prayers will be answered. Desires will be granted. Sometimes the Lord performs miracles immediately, and sometimes we are asked to be patient. I've seen immediate miracles in the past few months, and I've also seen blessings come gradually. I know that I will be blessed in due time. Precept by precept, the Lord will teach you and me. I have faith, and I trust in God. The seeming lack of blessings is not because of a lack of faith on my part. I've been taught this lesson so many times. I will be grateful for the trial and struggle in the long run, because my joy will be so much greater than it could have ever been if I had not struggled with adversity. This flood of thoughts came to me as I sat at the desk listening to the lesson. Once again, I had been buoyed up, without even realizing that I had been down.

I've really been struggling these past two days, but I do know of a surety that I can be delivered, that little by little, the pain will go away. It has before, and it will again.

I am grateful for answers to prayers, for miracles, and for the comfort and guidance of the Holy Spirit. These Last Days are not easy to live in, and at times we may feel that our lives are only full of sorrow, pain, and endless mistakes; but the Lord is there. We are here on this Earth at this time because He knew that we would be able to handle it. We can choose to make it through any trial, and with the Lord's mercy, we will endure until He comes again.


I testify of these truths in the name of Jesus the Christ. Amen.



A note from Courtney: 

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for hosting the link-up! I'm your newest follower, and hope you'll stop by my blog: www.solesearchingmamma.com. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!