26.3.12

two birds and a stone

Just a quiet, simple morning at home. With no mother. Annnnnnd, some three-year-old antics.


My little sister came into me a while ago. "Saylee, how do you get this out?"
I nearly cried when I saw what "this" was. 

She was supposed to be getting ready for the day, and I was in holding Little Joy - unsuccessfully trying to get her to go to sleep. Dear little Jane decided that her hair needed combing before she was dressed, and came over to me her beautiful hair tangled tightly around a skinny black comb. . . .

The little cries she let out as I tried my hardest to carefully get her hair out of that mess were seriously heart-wrenching. It took my mind back to the time when my little brother decided to climb up on my bunk bed and "play" with my hair while I was asleep. (Sweet thought, right? :)) I woke up a little later with a comb in my hair, and tears in my eyes. I think we got it out pretty easily though. No snipping was involved for me. . . . Sadly, that wasn't Jane's case. But it's out now, and you can hardly notice the chopped-off strands of hair.
 
In accomplishing untangling hair, I also managed to somehow get Joy to sleep. Half-way into the process, I looked over to see Little Joy sound asleep, in a half-sitting half-lying position; like she just fell over with boredom or something. [When she first saw Jane's hair mess, she started giggling. Gratefully, she was out before she could see the snipping. Let's hope she doesn't get any ideas. . . .] 

Anyway, she's still asleep, and Jane's hair is mostly saved, so it's a good day. Just don't look in the trash can. . . .

Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. That's really sad (and that last picture is completely adorable, by the way).

    But look at it this way: At least she has a desire to brush her hair.

    The kids spent the morning with me on Saturday, and nine-year-old Flaxen proudly announced to me that although she'd been instructed to brush out her hair before leaving the house, she hadn't. And not only that, but she couldn't remember when the last time was that she had brushed her hair. And because the texture of her hair gives me the willies, I just let her do her thing.

    I guess hair-brushing is something that needs to be instilled early. By nine . . . it's just too late. So don't let little Jane's chopped-off pieces get her down!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dear sister of yours. Next time I see her I'll brush it for her, for you. I do that often when a child hasn't had their hair brushed for quite some time. . . . :D

      Gladly, Jane promptly forgot about her chopped-off locks, until I brought it up with our parents later. She doesn't seem to remember it today, and she still brushes her hair, so we're doing good, haha.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! My head is hurting for her. I remember managing to get a comb stuck in my hair when I was little and that is seriously painful!

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!