23.1.12

{f i n d i n g * M E}





At the beginning of September {2011}, I was employed  as a nanny. My daily work consisted of gathering, washing, drying, sorting, folding, putting away, and ironing laundry; grading math tests, and driving the boys to their {many} activities. The physical work was not at all difficult. In fact, I enjoyed the quiet time that I spent in their {massive} laundry room before going to pick up the boys from school. But, emotionally, my energies were taxed. The environment was foreign to me, and I lost that sense of spiritual strength. For weeks, after about a month and a half of working for C, I began to entertain the thought of giving my two weeks' notice. I didn't do that then, though. As much as I so craved quitting my job, it just didn't feel right. 
One day, I realized that I finally felt like I really loved my job. It was incredible - miraculous, really. I went home that evening and thanked the Lord for my new-found joy in working as a nanny, and I completely accepted the fact that I would be working for C for at least until the new year.
The next day, I experienced the most difficult day of my job thus far. Essentially, everything thing that could go wrong *did*. {Well, not entirely. I didn't get locked out, for once, and I had already scraped my parent's van up against the S's brick mailbox once, so I was spared of that too} But the boys irritated me to no end, the driving drove me insane, the endless laundry caused me fits, and driving around looking for an unknown address made me blow up in anger. Late that afternoon, I knew that it was time for me to quit my job. I told C that I had applied for a job at Deseret Book, and let her know that I would work for two more weeks, or until she could find another nanny. A few days later, she told me that she had found someone to replace me. And, holy strawberries, was I relieved!
Deseret Book never hired me, and I haven't yet found another job. After nearly two months of not working, I have finally accepted, once again, living at home and being here with my family every day. Though I have no income right now, my needs are being provided for. I am happy. I have grown closer to my parents, and my brothers and sisters, and I would not change my experiences in the past little while for anything. I am greatly enjoying *not* being a working woman. I have been able to rest since I stopped working, and I have gained so much strength, wisdom, and appreciation. I am learning from my mistakes, have been keeping the Spirit with me as often as I can, and I am continually striving to  eliminate annoying habits. I am finding myself. Figuring out who I am, and who I want to be. I feel closer to the Lord than I ever have in my eighteen years. I am ever developing and strengthening my Mother Heart. My life is by no means perfect, and every day has it's small {or great} struggles, but I am content. I am progressing. I'm on the path the Lord wants me to be on. And now, after weeks of resting, I am ready to take on the next challenge. 

Being home so much, I have finally learned how to make {nearly}-perfect pancakes, and I have gained a great appreciation/love/passion for pancake breakfasts {or lunches, or dinners}. :)

Smiles and Sunshine,

Photobucket

P.S. These mountains have finally figured out what *real* snow is. !!!!

2 comments :

  1. :) :) :) I'm very proud of you. :) You continue to inspire me with your growth and depth of character. I'm so glad to have met you. God be with you as you move ever forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have met you too. And with you. Thank you. :)

      Delete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!