Temples are my favorite places on Earth.
No matter where I go, I can never find the peace, and joy, and love that I find in the Temples of God.
When I walk onto those grounds the fears and terrors of the world wash away. Completely. I never have a care when I am inside the Temple. I can focus on God, and on the people around me.
No matter how horrible I may be feeling before I walk into the Temple, I come away feeling renewed, rejuvenated, and refreshed.
Temples are literally pieces of Heaven on Earth.
Angels attend, Beauty surrounds, Light emanates, and the Spirit inspires.
Right now, I get only a piece of the wonders of the Temple.
But, someday, I'll partake of even more.
I'll be sealed to my husband and children, forever.
And I'll participate in doing the Lord's marvelous work for His children.
Right now, I get only a piece of the wonders of the Temple.
But, someday, I'll partake of even more.
I'll be sealed to my husband and children, forever.
And I'll participate in doing the Lord's marvelous work for His children.
Heaven's Light flows through the windows
Warming even walls of stone
In the refuge of the Temple
I find strength beyond my own
Filled with Purpose, filled with Power
Granted gifts to lift the world
In God's house and in His Presence
I am filled with strength to serve
I can feel the Power of Heaven
As I stand on Holy ground
And the Spirit whispers what I long to learn
Eyes are touched with understanding
I can see beyond this world
It's the place I reach for Heaven
And it reaches in return
It's the place I reach for Heaven . . . and it reaches in return.
Warming even walls of stone
In the refuge of the Temple
I find strength beyond my own
Filled with Purpose, filled with Power
Granted gifts to lift the world
In God's house and in His Presence
I am filled with strength to serve
I can feel the Power of Heaven
As I stand on Holy ground
And the Spirit whispers what I long to learn
Eyes are touched with understanding
I can see beyond this world
It's the place I reach for Heaven
And it reaches in return
It's the place I reach for Heaven . . . and it reaches in return.
{lyric source}
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had the neatest experience yesterday. I wasn't feeling well most of the day. I had a cold and was worn out. I laid in bed until about five, and the only reason I got up was because Thursday is my Temple day. My brother and sister and I try to go to do baptisms every Thursday afternoon or evening.
As I was preparing to go to the Temple, I was singing the above song, over, and over. I started to feel a bit better, but by the time we were leaving I felt terrible again. I decided that I was only going to do confirmations, because getting in the font would only make my cold worse, and I was already feeling pretty crumby.
We got to the Temple and got ready for confirmations. As I was waiting to go in I had the feeling that I should do baptisms. I felt that if I was willing to go all the way in serving the Lord He would indeed bless me with health. I finished confirmations and went straight to baptisms.
After I was dressed and ready to leave I started to feel terrible. I have to admit that I was complaining a bit and I was wondering why I had been stupid enough to do baptisms when I knew it would only make me feel even more terrible.
When I got home I was planning on going straight to bed. I was tired, grumpy, and my head was pounding. As I was getting ready to go to bed I suddenly felt very light, and the headache left me completely. I was very giddy after that, and I just felt so good. I woke up this morning feeling even more amazing. Though I do still have a bit of a cold, and don't feel sick. I feel strong, and happy, and grateful. This song has an even deeper meaning to me now.
I find strength beyond my own.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Temples are my Testimony that God lives, and that He truly loves us. He is aware and mindful of us.
Man can create beautiful buildings, but no human could ever create the feeling I get when I am in the Temples of our Lord. We merely invite that feeling, and then the Lord provides.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had the neatest experience yesterday. I wasn't feeling well most of the day. I had a cold and was worn out. I laid in bed until about five, and the only reason I got up was because Thursday is my Temple day. My brother and sister and I try to go to do baptisms every Thursday afternoon or evening.
As I was preparing to go to the Temple, I was singing the above song, over, and over. I started to feel a bit better, but by the time we were leaving I felt terrible again. I decided that I was only going to do confirmations, because getting in the font would only make my cold worse, and I was already feeling pretty crumby.
We got to the Temple and got ready for confirmations. As I was waiting to go in I had the feeling that I should do baptisms. I felt that if I was willing to go all the way in serving the Lord He would indeed bless me with health. I finished confirmations and went straight to baptisms.
After I was dressed and ready to leave I started to feel terrible. I have to admit that I was complaining a bit and I was wondering why I had been stupid enough to do baptisms when I knew it would only make me feel even more terrible.
When I got home I was planning on going straight to bed. I was tired, grumpy, and my head was pounding. As I was getting ready to go to bed I suddenly felt very light, and the headache left me completely. I was very giddy after that, and I just felt so good. I woke up this morning feeling even more amazing. Though I do still have a bit of a cold, and don't feel sick. I feel strong, and happy, and grateful. This song has an even deeper meaning to me now.
I find strength beyond my own.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Temples are my Testimony that God lives, and that He truly loves us. He is aware and mindful of us.
Man can create beautiful buildings, but no human could ever create the feeling I get when I am in the Temples of our Lord. We merely invite that feeling, and then the Lord provides.








No comments :
My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!