27.3.11

Signature Sunday

This Sunday I am grateful for Young Womens, and for my leaders, and their love for all of "their girls". My Young Women president came and visited me this week. I had such a good visit with her, and I enjoyed it greatly. The days before had been pretty difficult ones, and that visit lifted me up and reminded me of the love my Savior has for me. Thank you, sister V. :)

I am also grateful for my neighbor, and mother's visiting teacher (who is one and the same). I'm grateful for her genuine compassion and concern, and for her wonderful ability to love and serve - and cook! ;) And, I am grateful that she understands me, and honestly and truly loves me. Sister H, if you ever read this, thank you. :)

I feel so good this week. A few things have happened to me. 

One, I'm learning to really be a "duck" and to let negative comments just "roll off my back". It's amazing how good one feels when they don't let the things people say and do get under their skin, and remember that the Lord loves them and doesn't think anything bad of them, and that obeying Him brings the greatest happiness. 

Two, I'm finally doing what I love, what I really, really love, while still keeping my other priorities straight and in order. I'm learning how to do many of the best things in a day's time, rather than spending whole days doing only one good thing. This balance has brought such a peace to me, and has dissolved almost completely any fear and stress. To quote a dear friend, "a life without fear is simply joyful". 

Three, I went to seminary twice this week! After not going for two months, it was a welcome change in my life. I've enjoyed the make-up work, but actually being in class is even better. I'm so happy to know that I will be graduating from seminary!

The Young Women General Broadcast was yesterday. I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Conference Center with my ward, and to bring my mother and one of my best friends/adopted sister with me. Ohhh. It was marvelous. Our seats were great, the talks were . . . beautiful, wonderful, uplifting, inspiring . . . exactly what I needed, the music was angelic, and the feeling that being in the same building as the Prophet of God brings . . . chilling, assuring, comforting, strengthening. It was especially beautiful to me because this is my last Young Women Conference as a young woman, and I was able to attend both my first, and my last, at the Conference Center. I am very grateful for that.

May this next week be beautiful, eventful, productive, and filled with new discoveries!

No comments :

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!