27.11.10

Be Ye Clean, that Bear the Vessels of the Lord (Part Two)

{You can read Part One here}

My previous post was yesterday's epiphany about my personal modesty.

Today's post will be a continuation of that, but with the focus specifically on women wearing pants, and other mens' clothing.

Now, bear with me as I give you my complete, honest opinion on this issue. Nothing I say is pointed to my readers, it's all just what I have personally been pondering and deciding. I would like your comments and opinions on this, so please let me know what you think!

Continuing.

Quoting my previous post:

"Our purpose here on Earth is learn how to become like God, to be gods and goddesses, or my favorite way of putting it, Kings and Queens. How can I be a Queen when I dress sloppy, too casual, immodest, and in a way, carefree? True Queens never wear shirts with the straps of their underclothing hanging out, dresses that attract too much attention to parts of their bodies that are sacred and special, and they don't wear tight-fitting jeans with distracting designs on the back pockets. . . ."

After pondering on the scriptures I read, from the last post, I realized that a lot of my clothing is maybe too casual and boy-like. A woman is supposed to be feminine. Read Deuteronomy 22:5:

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Trousers, pants, jeans for women weren't acceptable until the 1970s. For years, and years, and years before, women would only wear dresses. I think that since 1970, the practice of women wearing men's clothing has made us appear less feminine, more equal to men in the wrong ways, more harsh, and more casual.

I have always loved jeans, slacks, sweatpants, and shorts - especially shorts. But now I think that is going to change. If I'm going to be a Queen in the future, shouldn't I dress to that expectation now?

I'm not exactly saying that I will absolutely never wear pants, but I'm going to make a big sacrifice and wear dresses and skirts as often as I can. I think it's more feminine, more modest, and more like the way a daughter of God should dress. We shall see how this goes with pajamas, swimsuits, and such, but for every day, I will be bringing out my skirts and dresses.

So, I will be posting a lot of my pants-to-skirts refashions (once I get my sewing machine), and I hope you will enjoy them. I think it's going to be fun to dress like a woman every day. What do you think?

{A note: this post is simply my personal opinion, and I am by no means saying that every girl should dress the way I am suggesting. Your definition of modesty may be quite different than mine, and that is completely fine. I do urge my readers to ponder on the way they dress and present themselves, though, and then bring the matter to your Father in Heaven and ask Him what He desires of you.}

3 comments :

  1. I love to wear skirts in the summer. We have such perfect weather for summer clothes and it's much cooler to wear comfortable cotton skirts.

    Our winters are the exact opposite and pants are kinda necessary but I understand what you are saying and I do agree.

    I should make a better effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited to wear skirts in the summer! But I am finding that it's rather cold in the winter, so I'm thinking about leggings or shorts, that won't show.

    Thanks for the comment, Saimi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that pants can be appropriate, but I think I can agree with not wearing them all the time. I love long flowing skirts personally. I find them very pretty and find that they complement the young woman wearing it very well. Good luck in your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete

My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!