When I'm angry and about to express my great irritation at my mother, siblings, and the world, I like to make a quick list of the things I should be grateful for in the present circumstances. I seldom ever remember to actually do this, but miraculously, today I patiently stopped the angry words and dwelt on how truly grateful I am to have
A nice big kitchen to clean
Warm water to wash dishes
Dish soap
A clear, strong voice
Healthy little brothers and sisters
A loving and understanding mother
A brother who trusts me enough to come to me when he has a question (even when I don't have the answer)
Perfect hearing
Prayer
Guardian angels
A mind that functions properly
A bedroom
An unborn baby sister
Responsibilities in the home
A home education
Scriptures
There. I don't feel so sarcastic and upset now.

No comments :
My posts are intended to uplift others. Please respect the spirit of this blog and leave comments that will only encourage feelings of kindness. Thank you!